Site Map & View Cart
|Your cart is currently empty|
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Collecting Books
- 100% Legal Automatic Switchblades
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Maintenance
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Sheaths, Pouches & Cases
- Antique & Vintage Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Axis Lock Ambidextrous Automatic Switchblade Knives
- California Legal Mini Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Clasp Lock, Fulcrum & Ring Pull Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Custom Made Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Dual Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Frame Lock & Liner Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Hidden Release Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Left Handed Southpaw Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Leverlock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Lockback Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Double Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Gravity Paratrooper Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Single Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Push Button Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Stiletto Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Swinguard Folding Guard Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Antique & Vintage Folding & Fixed Blade Knives
- Fixed Blade Knives & Swords
- Manual Folding Knives
- Non-Metallic Knives
- Rescue Knives
- Spring Assisted Opening Knives
- Self Defense Products
- Tools - Camping, Survival & Emergency Gear
- Knife Repair Service & Custom Switchblade Conversions
- Wholesale Ordering & Drop Shipping
(0.0 on 0)
CRKT Custom Montu Digital Camo G10 Partially Serrated Edge Assisted Opening Knife
In ancient Egypt, the war god Montu is usually depicted with a falcon head and a solar disk above it. That suggests speed, power, and brilliance to us. Allen Elishewitz is an acclaimed young Canyon Lake, Texas, knifemaker who offers a surprising range of custom knives, many with Egyptian-themed names. The Elishewitz Montu™ has turned out to be everything we could imagine in a personal folder.
Custom Made One of A Kind
We set out to translate the original Elishewitz custom into a slightly smaller, personal-size folder for carry convenience, and along the way, incorporated the patented features that have made CRKT folders so popular, including OutBurst™ assisted opening1 and the LAWKS® safety2.
The Montu has a 3.25” blade and is 4.25” long when folded, dimensions that knife users tell us are “just about right” for a personal carry. Weighing 4.9 ounces, it also has just the right heft.
The Montu frame uses a stainless steel InterFrame build with one locking liner. Digital Camoscales are inlaid with the latest tough and hard CPL composite, like that used in modern bowling balls, featuring blue/gray swirls. Each inlay has a unique pattern.
The blade is another one of those unique shapes that Allen is noted for. We call it an Elishewitz drop/spear point, swedged and recurved. The blade is AUS 8 premium stainless steel in a bead-blast finish. Both Razor-Sharp and Combined Razor-Sharp and Triple-Point™ Serrated edge grinds are available.
The Montu comes standard with our patented OutBurst assisted opening mechanism, which instantly springs the blade fully open after you have opened the blade approximately 30 degrees. If desired, the OutBurst mechanism can be removed to allow fast, conventional one-hand opening using the custom Elishewitz ramped thumb stud.
The Montu’s patented LAWKS® safety effectively converts your folder into a virtual fixed blade when actuated. Just slide the lever forward to lock, and slide it back to enable easy one-hand closing.
- Blade: Length: 3.25” (8.3 cm)
- Thickness: 0.14” (0.35 cm)
- Steel: AUS 8, 58-59 HRC
- Closed: Handle length: 4.25” (10.8 cm)
- Open: Overall length: 7.50” (19.0 cm)
- Weight: 4.9 oz. (139 g)
About the Knife Designer
Allen Elishewitz is a world-renowned custom knifemaker, whose studio is in Canyon Lake, Texas. His work has been featured in many magazine articles and front covers as well as several museum-quality books. Collectors of his work include heads of state, members of royal families, members of elite special forces units and serious enthusiasts of fine craftsmanship. His early interests in knives, combined with his background in the martial arts and as a Recon Marine led him to become one of the premier tactical knifemakers. With his classical art background, this self-taught artist has designed a wide range of innovative knife models as well as luxurious pens and watches. Over the years he has been a member of the Italian Knifemakers’ Guild, American Bladesmith Society and Knifemakers’ Guild where he served on the Board of Directors. His work has been awarded numerous prizes throughout his career.