Site Map & View Cart
|Your cart is currently empty|
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Collecting Books
- 100% Legal Automatic Switchblades
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Maintenance
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Sheaths, Pouches & Cases
- Antique & Vintage Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Axis Lock Ambidextrous Automatic Switchblade Knives
- California Legal Mini Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Clasp Lock, Fulcrum & Ring Pull Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Custom Made Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Dual Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Frame Lock & Liner Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Hidden Release Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Left Handed Southpaw Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Leverlock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Lockback Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Double Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Gravity Paratrooper Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Single Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Push Button Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Stiletto Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Swinguard Folding Guard Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Antique & Vintage Folding & Fixed Blade Knives
- Fixed Blade Knives & Swords
- Manual Folding Knives
- Non-Metallic Knives
- Rescue Knives
- Spring Assisted Opening Knives
- Self Defense Products
- Tools - Camping, Survival & Emergency Gear
- Knife Repair Service & Custom Switchblade Conversions
- Wholesale Ordering & Drop Shipping
(0.0 on 0)
CRKT Van Hoy On Fire Folding OutBurst Spring Assisted Opening Knife
CRKT Van Hoy On-Fire Partially Serrated OutBurst Spring Assisted Opening Folding Knife
Model # 5015
OutBurst assisted opening. LAWKS system.
- Another spectacular design from award winning desiger Ed Van Hoy: the On-Fire! Lake And Walker Knife Safety (LAWKS®), which effectively converts your folder into a virtual fixed blade when actuated.
- AUS 8 stainless steel blade w/ bead-blast finish.
- 420J2 stainless steel frame-lock with a 6061 T6 black anodized aluminum side plate, both liberally slotted and drilled to save weight.
- Removable custom bead-blast stainless steel pocket/gear clip
Blade: Length: 2.375” (6.0 cm)
Thickness: 0.14” (0.35 cm)
Steel: AUS 8, 56-58 HRC
Closed: Handle length: 3.875” (9.8 cm)
Open: Overall length: 6.25” (15.9 cm)
Weight: 3.3 oz. (94 g)
Award-winning custom knifemaker and Knifemakers’ Guild member Ed Van Hoy has designed a number of hot sellers for CRKT, but this one is On Fire. No really, that’s its name, On Fire, and it has all the right equipment to be one of our most popular personal knives.
This time Ed’s torrid notion is a frame-lock folder that is not only a shapely form in stainless steel and aluminum, but incorporates our advanced CRKT technology.
For example, the patented OutBurst assisted opening mechanism instantly springs the blade fully open after you have used the knurled thumb stud to open the blade approximately 30 degrees. Action is super slick, thanks to bronze and Teflon bearings at the adjustable blade pivot. Conventional non-assisted models are also available for those who prefer them or to meet jurisdictional requirements.
Also neatly incorporated at the pivot is the patented Lake And Walker Knife Safety (LAWKS), which effectively converts your folder into a virtual fixed blade when actuated— and that makes the On Fire not only a fast folder, but a very safe one.
The On Fire’s 2.375” drop point blade is premium AUS 8 stainless steel in a contemporary bead-blast finish. A swedged top grind and four lightening holes add to its appeal.
Ed’s open build is an unusual combination of a 420J2 stainless steel frame-lock with a 6061 T6 black anodized aluminum side plate, both liberally slotted and drilled to save weight.
Finally, a removable custom bead-blast stainless steel pocket/gear clip gives all the carry options imaginable, in pocket, on belt, or in bags and briefcases.
Maybe most important, this is a knife that is easy on the eye. Every curve is in the right place; every motion fluid like those of a good dancer.
Ed Van Hoy continues to light our fire.