Site Map & View Cart
|Your cart is currently empty|
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Collecting Books
- 100% Legal Automatic Switchblades
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Maintenance
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Sheaths, Pouches & Cases
- Antique & Vintage Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Axis Lock Ambidextrous Automatic Switchblade Knives
- California Legal Mini Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Clasp Lock, Fulcrum & Ring Pull Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Custom Made Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Dual Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Frame Lock & Liner Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Hidden Release Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Left Handed Southpaw Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Leverlock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Lockback Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Double Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Gravity Paratrooper Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Single Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Push Button Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Stiletto Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Swinguard Folding Guard Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Antique & Vintage Folding & Fixed Blade Knives
- Fixed Blade Knives & Swords
- Manual Folding Knives
- Non-Metallic Knives
- Rescue Knives
- Spring Assisted Opening Knives
- Self Defense Products
- Tools - Camping, Survival & Emergency Gear
- Knife Repair Service & Custom Switchblade Conversions
- Wholesale Ordering & Drop Shipping
(0.0 on 0)
Vintage 1930's F. & A. Helbig Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messer German Gravity Paratrooper Knife
Vintage F. & A. Helbig Steinbach. Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger-Messer German Gravity Paratrooper OTF Switchblade Knife
German Military Paratrooper Search & Rescue Gravity Knife.
Type I Flieger Kapp Messer WWII era (1937 - 1941)
Frieda & Alfred Helbig was one of two makers operating in the city of Steinbach in the late 1930's and were among the earliest contractors for the FKm Type I's.
There are 92 towns named Steinbach. Each one uses a geographical point to distinguish it from the other. In this case it's STEINBACH-GAEFLER.
You will may notice the name Steinbach Kr. M. Which is it's county (Kreis Meiningen)
F&A was a small maker that held an early contract.
Sometime during 1943 most of the men were declared nonessential and drafted so the company simply withered away.
F&A Helbig facilities now function as a factory making electrical parts. F&A Helbig (Frieda & Alfred Helbig) was the third largest producer of the early Type I FKms. It’s owners; Frieda and Alfred both died in 1984, thirty-nine years after their company was dissolved and it’s property confiscated by the East German state .
The very earliest F&As had a LuftMT STAMPED IN THE CENTER OF THE OBVERSE ASPECT OF THE BLADE. These are fairly rare. And, as far as I know F&A only electro penned their numbers while all others stamped them. That's why the marks are so difficult to read.
This is a genuine German pilot and paratrooper gravity knife that was issued to the German Armed Forces during WW2.
These models were the early gravity knives made in 1930's to the early part of WW2 before the updated Take-Down model was produced.
This is the standard NON-Take-down version, it can not be taken apart.
Has Solid Walnut Handles
Solid Nickel Silver Bolsters that are fixed.
Blade is Marked: F. & A. HELBIG Gaefler STEINBACH KR.M ROSTFREI
Blade falls out of the handle (gravity drop) and locks with lever.
By flipping the trigger away from the knife and depressing it, the blade can be extended with a flick of the wrist.
By holding the knife blade-up and depressing the trigger a second time, the blade slides back in the handle.
The blade measures approx. 4"
The overall length of the knife open is 10”
Closed is approx. 6".
The marlin spike is approx. 3.5".
WWII German Military issue.
Excellent Condition & Is All Original Nothing Broken Everything Works.
This Is A True Collectors Item.