Site Map & View Cart
|Your cart is currently empty|
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Collecting Books
- 100% Legal Automatic Switchblades
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Maintenance
- Automatic Switchblade Knife Sheaths, Pouches & Cases
- Antique & Vintage Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Axis Lock Ambidextrous Automatic Switchblade Knives
- California Legal Mini Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Clasp Lock, Fulcrum & Ring Pull Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Custom Made Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Dual Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Frame Lock & Liner Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Hidden Release Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Left Handed Southpaw Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Leverlock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Lockback Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Double Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Gravity Paratrooper Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Out The Front Single Action Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Push Button Lock Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Stiletto Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Swinguard Folding Guard Automatic Switchblade Knives
- Antique & Vintage Folding & Fixed Blade Knives
- Fixed Blade Knives & Swords
- Manual Folding Knives
- Non-Metallic Knives
- Rescue Knives
- Spring Assisted Opening Knives
- Self Defense Products
- Tools - Camping, Survival & Emergency Gear
- Knife Repair Service & Custom Switchblade Conversions
- Wholesale Ordering & Drop Shipping
(0.0 on 0)
Antique 1870's Joseph Rodgers & Sons No. 6 Norfolk St. Sheffield England Folding Hunter Switchblade Flick Knife
SKU: J RODGERS SONS STAG FLICK KNIFE-362
Joseph Rodgers & Sons No. 6 Norfolk St. Sheffield England Folding Hunter Switchblade Flick Knife
The Real Deal Folding Hunter & Now Is An English Flick Knife
This Style Of Knife Is Known As The Folding Hunter
This model was made between the 1870's-80's.
Everything remains original on this knife except its now a switchblade.
Authentic Original 1870's Stag Horn Handle Scales
Original 1870's High Carbon Steel Blade
Tang Stamped: No. 6 NORFOLK ST SHEFFIELD
Blade Stamped: JOSEPH RODGERS & SONS
Back of Blade is Stamped with (ASTERISK & MALTESE CROSS Logo)
Original 1870's Nickel Silver Bolsters & Trigger Button
Steel Liners & Humpback Lock
Joseph Rodgers is one of the oldest premiere knife makers of Sheffield
Joseph Rodgers & Sons Dates of Operation 1682-1971.
Joseph Rodgers dates back Norfolk St. to 1775 with the showroom opening in 1821.
The world famous No. 6 Norfolk Street address dates from 1775. Rodgers sold this location in 1929, but continued making cutlery at the Pond Hill, Sheaf Island Works, and River Lane Works.
The Sheaf Island and River Lane Works were sold in 1966, and the Pond Hill works in 1968. In 1971, Rodgers bought it's rival, IXL, but this lasted only until 1975.
Egginton Bros. of Sheffield now owns the famous Star & Maltese Cross trade mark.
Sheffield cutlers went out of business as they continued to hand make knives when the German and Swiss imports were machine made.
- Overall Length: 11"
- Blade Length: 5"
- Closed Length: 6"
This Is An Authentic Piece of History
The Blade Flat & Ricasso Hot Stampings Are Correct & Was Made Prior to 1891
These knives are a common pattern, made by several makers, and came in at least a dozen blade sizes; the larger sizes tend to be earlier.
This is absolutely the best condition I have ever seen, this piece belongs in a museum.
Some experts say that there is only 100 English made switchblade flick knives to exist today that are all original and they range in price from $10k to $50k.
This means most of you will never see one and never will come across one in your lifetime.
So to have a knife from that time era as an automatic is cool no matter what the critics say.